Saturday, November 13, 2010

CM PRESS # 316

OC REGISTER'S STORY ABOUT THE HOMELESS PROBLEM IN COSTA MESA
Link

We previously reported on this, but it doesn't hurt to be reminded about the problem again.

However, don't be lulled into thinking this is a "homeless problem." It isn't. It's a charity problem.  The charity bosses are drawing the homeless and also illegal aliens to Costa Mesa with their "compassion."  And, the liberal establishment is also helping turn our city into a new skid row by constantly puffing the work of the charities.
#                    #                     #

Costa Mesa Freshmen beating Estancia
 ESTANCIA BEATS COSTA MESA 35-6 IN THE BATTLE OF THE BELL GAME
Link

But (cue music from JAWS), here's something that you may not have noticed and which is lurking just out of sight of those who only watch varsity games: the day before the Battle of the Bell game of the cross town rival varsity teams, the Costa Mesa freshman team beat Estancia's freshmen  20-15.

And, the Costa Mesa team was composed of true freshmen, while Estancia reportedly had 10 sophomores playing on their freshman team.


Costa Mesa Freshmen beating Corona del Mar  in an earlier game.
 Stay tuned next season as the Costa Mesa freshmen go through a growth spurt and come back as Sophomores.
#             #                   #

2 comments:

  1. Just a side note. This is not the only team our "True Freshmen" players battled against teams that play upper classmen. Both Calvary Chapel & Laguna Beach football teams, can be included in that group.

    This CMHS Freshmen Football team(boys & girl), are a truly amazing group of young outstanding students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear CM Press,

    I am a regular reader of your site and agree about 99% of the time with your views (1% held back in reserve, just in case).

    I have always had difficulty understanding the liberal mentality. I just don’t get what this incessant need they have to cater to the least common denominator at the expense of a far greater majority of the population. Case in point, the poor. The “liberal establishment” you mention I believe is synonymous with Council members Foley and Leece. These two women are prime examples of such politicians who cater to these groups without regard to the implications their support has on the greater population and quality of life. I have witnessed their well intentioned actions several times now and it has sickened me. The greater population pays all the bills and shells out for all the money for services these two liberal politicians so willingly give away and we all suffer. I just don’t get why they are that way. Instead of elevating our city to be better, they perpetuate a bad condition thereby creating an infinite feedback loop of interdependency. I am beginning to think these liberals have a mental disorder called guilt.

    There is an expression I once learned that fits here. “The road to hell is paved with do-gooders”. This fits for Foley and Leece.

    I am not embarrassed to say I voted for Ms. Foley and told everyone I know to do the same. Not because I thought so highly of her, I just wanted her off the City Council. I am sure I was not alone in this strategy. In hindsight, I have to say she might actually do some good for the schools so it may be a win-win. Time will tell. I am just glad she is moving on.

    Finally, on a more positive note, I am excited about the change in personnel that will take over our City Council. It is a refreshing positive reset with promise of a brighter future of Costa Mesa.

    CM Press, please keep up the fight; you have been instrumental in helping win this battle.

    ReplyDelete

 http://frankspeech.com/