Love those Texans....
Recently, the City of Dallas, Texas, passed an ordinance stating
that
if a driver is pulled over by law enforcement and is not able to
provide proof of insurance, the car is towed.
if a driver is pulled over by law enforcement and is not able to
provide proof of insurance, the car is towed.
To retrieve the car after being impounded, they must show proof of
insurance to have the car released. This has made it easy for the City
of Dallas to remove uninsured cars.
insurance to have the car released. This has made it easy for the City
of Dallas to remove uninsured cars.
Shortly after the "No Insurance" ordinance was passed,
the Dallas
impound lots began to fill up and were full after only nine days.
80%+ of the impounded cars were driven by illegals.
impound lots began to fill up and were full after only nine days.
80%+ of the impounded cars were driven by illegals.
Not only must they provide proof of insurance to have their car
released, they also have to pay for the cost of the tow, a $350 fine,
and $20 for every day their car is kept in the lot.
released, they also have to pay for the cost of the tow, a $350 fine,
and $20 for every day their car is kept in the lot.
Accident rates have gone down 47% and... Dallas' solution gets
uninsured drivers off the road WITHOUT making them show proof of
nationality.
uninsured drivers off the road WITHOUT making them show proof of
nationality.
Wonder how the ACLU or the Justice Department will get around this
one.
Just brings tears to my eyes.
Just brings tears to my eyes.
GO Dallas !
# # #
BOO HOO, BOO HOO MAYOR BEVER WAS OVERHEARD SAYING SOMETHING UNKIND ABOUT SOME OF THE NUTCASESPlease, sniff, sniff, let's all have a big hug and maybe light some candles and march around City Hall, and then we'll laugh and cry and laugh and cry some more and then we'll all hug.
And, yes, let's hear a rendition of kumbaya again HERE.
# # #
NEW NEW YORK: GROUP OF BLACK GIRLS ATTACK YOUNGER WHITE GIRLS AND BREAK ONE WHITE GIRL'S NOSE
Be sure to scroll down in the above linked article to see the victory dance of a couple of the Black girls.
A less White America is a less desirable America.
# # #
FOLKS ARE STILL WONDERING...
BELOW IS A COMMENT FROM A FREQUENT CRITIC OF THE GOOD COUNCILMEMBERS THAT APPEARED IN THE DAILY PILOT
bigdawg at 5:14 PM July 3, 2012
RealityCheck3...ok. Then the recent reserve process should be instructing. Approximately 170 or so persons applied to be CMPD reserves. A grand total of 2 made it through the process and may become reserves. That number is quite telling.
Now, how do you suppose bigdawg knew that there were "170 or so" who applied to be CMPD reserves?
And, how did he know that "2 made it through the process and may become reserves"?
As far as we know, this information wasn't made public.
bigdawg--Where did you get this inside information?
# # #
![]() |
| Disgusting sign used by some CMPD officers during the last election |
Read the comments following this DAILY PILOT article [HERE] about reserve police officers and see what you think.
Do you get a sense of oozing hostility and arrogance from some who self-identify as police officers or who sound like police officers? Are these the types of people we want on our police force?
Are we just one police call away from a Kelly Thomas like incident that is going to cost citizens of Costa Mesa millions of dollars?
Does the CMPD have proper psychological testing of police officers to weed out the bad apples?
One or two bad cops can ruin the reputation of a whole department and cause citizens to not trust any cops in the department.
# # #

BEVER TELLS THE TRUTH ABOUT SOME OF THE NEUROTIC DINGBATS WHO WASTE TIME AT CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS WITH THEIR STUPID COMMENTS
It they had an I.Q. detector at the front door of the Council Chambers that would refuse entry to anyone with less than a three digit I.Q., the Chambers would be almost empty on most nights.
# # #

CM Press, This is off topic but the question I want to ask is relevant to today's hot topic.
ReplyDeleteI am a big supporter of the CC majority and am not near the Banning Ranch geographically. My initial response to their decision is negative. This puts me in an odd predicament. I for once side with the whiners. Please tell me your thoughts on this and if you think CC did the right thing.
What happens on Banning Ranch is largely out of our control, just as what happens in Corona del Mar or any other part of Newport Beach or any other city is largely out of our control so long as what is done in those cities fulfills legal requirements, etc.
ReplyDeleteHad I stayed at the Council meeting when this was voted on, I would have argued to have it delayed (as a negotiating strategy), and I would probably eventually have asked for some fine tuning of the terms of the agreement. In fact, I would have pushed to give Costa Mesa a corridor to the ocean. Yes, I know, that sounds impossible, but I still believe that can be done, and this would transform us into a beach community, even if our beach is on brackish water, and is postage stamp size. This would increase our property values.
I look at what the good Councilmembers are doing as I look at what everyone does and I balance some bad decisions with good ones. So far, the balance scales, in my view, are still on the good side for the good Councilmembers.
I like that idea. I think I will call it “Costa Mesa Cove”. Has a nice ring to it. Good work thinking out of the box!!
ReplyDeleteWith some beach access, we would be getting something back very tangible. It is still not too late for the council to change their minds. Please speak at the next council meeting.